domingo, 24 de octubre de 2010

BIENVENIDOS

SPANISH IS EASY, REALLY?

Of course. If you are willing to learn Spanish, this is your blog. No matter how bad you are at learning languages,  I assure you’ll be able to understand most of Spanish  texts in a very short time if you follow me.  Obviously, this won’t be the definite teaching resource of this beautiful language, there are many textbooks and other kind of materials that I’ll recommend you to use.  I only hope you to find this blog just a bit useful, so, I promise I’ll put in enough time to bring you the best  lessons I am able to do.
So, which are the goals? Well, I can’t establish any goal at all,  you decide what kind of goals you’d like to achieve. I’ll try to bring you enough information so that you could reach a basic level of Spanish, an intermediate one in the long term or even a proficiency level.
How could I do such thing?
Ok. First and foremost, there are many different methods when it comes to learn a new language. Mine is just one possibility to learn Spanish.  I hate all those long textbooks full of theory and boring exercise. I hate to study a new language just to pass an exam. What I like is to enjoy language learning that’s the reason why, for instance, I prefer to watch a good film rather than to study grammar. But, as you can imagine, if you want to learn a language that way you’ll need to learn basics first. So, the first steps will be a bit hard though I promise I’ll try to smoothen them for your sake ;)  
My method will be as follows. I hacked the language in four different parts: Passive skills (Reading, Listening) and Active skills (Writing, Speaking). There’s also a fifth part of the language that  integrates everything, Comprehension.
But if you’ll need basics first (as I said before) that I’ve decide to divide them as: Vocabulary, Adjectives, Verbs and Grammar. You’ll also need to study Pronunciation and Orthography.Later, in an intermediate level, I’ll teach you a bit of Spanish Slang , Idioms, Catchphrases and Literature.
There will be many other minor entries about Spanish culture, FAQs, Spanish language facts or Spanish language exercises.
And if you already know English or another romance language, Spanish will be pretty easy.
According to the Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Spanish is a category one language based on the length of time it takes to achieve general professional proficiency. In other words, Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn like Italian, Portuguese, French or Norwegian. So, if you want to master Spanish you’ll only need about 23-24 weeks of intensive study. But don’t worry if it takes longer, if you persevere in this, you’ll know Spanish in the end.
I’ll try to upload new lessons every week but if you want to ask me any question you have, don’t hesitate and write to blogspot_007@hotmail.com (in English please) or comment on the entry in question.  I’ll indeed make new entries about all those questions that I consider important but don’t worry, your name will not be revealed.

IT SEEMS INTERESTING, BUT WHY SHOULD I LEARN SPANISH?

I suppose you won’t be surprised if I tell you that Spanish is currently the second most spoken language by natives in the world and the third overall.
To be precise, it’s spoken by more than 500 million people around the world.
There are more than 20 countries in which Spanish is the first language:  Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guinea Ecuatorial and so on…
It’s also one of the six official languages of the United Nations. And, of course, it is widely spoken in the United States.
Therefore, there are meny reasons to learn Spanish:
  • ·         If you want to learn about the Spanish-speaking countries culture.
  • ·         If you have friends  that speak in Spanish.
  • ·         If you want to study, to work or to live in a Spanish-speaking country.
  • ·         If you like Spanish music or movies or whatever.
  • ·         If you want to learn a famous and widely spoken language.
  • ·         If you want to learn an easy language.
  • ·         If you want to brag about speaking Spanish.
  • ·         If you want to learn a beautiful romance language.
  • ·         If you just want to learn a new language.
  • ·         If you want to…
You decide why you’d like to learn Spanish but as you can see, there are many reasons to try. There’s only one thing required and that is that you like Spanish. If you don’t like, leave it aside, it’s not good for you to learn a language you don’t really like (except you do need to learn it).
As for me, there are so many reasons why Spanish is indeed an useful language… Just think of it: So many countries, so many cultures, so many movies, so much music, so many books, so many people, so many personal stories, so many newspapers, so much history, so…
OK. I WANT TO LEARN SPANISH, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Relax. You won’t be able to understand almost anything of Spanish in the very beginning. I know it could be a bit frustrating at first, but be patient.
The first you’ll need to learn are the basics of Spanish. It will be the most theoretical part of your study. Once you have a bit more level, you’ll begin to understand few texts and audio clips. Your Spanish knowledge will start increasing very fast then.  Finally, when you have an advanced level, you should go to a Spanish-speaking country to complete your study.  You probably won’t be able to do this in a couple of months, but I assure that a year or two of study is not very much after all. It’s worth the time.
I recommend you to start using those dull textbooks. I know they can be boring but they’re very useful in the beginning.  Try to look for videos on Youtube about basic Spanish. Don’t forget to chat with native every now and then, don’t be shy, it’ll be very helpful. Have a look at this blog so that you can reinforce your Spanish learning and, as I said before, don’t hesitate in asking me anything about Spanish.
When you get to an intermediate level, start reading books in Spanish and of course, original books too. Watch movies in Spanish but only use Spanish if you want subtitles. Watch Spanish TV (the news are rather easy to understand for a learner). It’s very important to enjoy the language learning so if you want to, for example, play a videogame in Spanish, do so! Try to speak or chat with Spanish natives frequently (and, if you even want to practice with yourself , go ahead! ). Whatever, the thing is that your study should become funny.
Don’t get too obsessed either, be humble and don’t try to set very high goals in the beginning.

I DO HAVE GOALS TOO

Yes. I’d like to fulfill my own goals with this blog too. As you can see, I have no native level in English. My mother language is Spanish and I don’t have second language, I’m just studying English. I’d like to reach an advanced level in it and this blog would help me to do so. Thus, if you come across with mistakes on my entries, please inform me and I’ll try to correct them .
And if you have any suggestions for this blog to be improved, please notify me. Also, if you come across with a mistake in my Spanish lessson or with a dead link, please report them to me. Thanks in advance ^^

So, I think this is enough. I hope you’ve finally decided to get on board :)

Upcoming lesson: Spanish pronunciation.

2 comentarios:

  1. Thanks you! I learned spanish with your blog and now I work as a traducer at spanish embassy!
    And I met my girlfriend talking spanish, she is french but love spanish guys, and she thougth that I was spanish!
    Thanks again!!!!

    ResponderEliminar